The HI 96811 Digital Wine Refractometer is rugged,lightweight and waterproof for measurements in the lab or field. This optical instrument employs the measurement of the refractive index to determine parameters pertinent to the wine industry. The actual measurement of the refractive index is simple and quick and provides the vintner a standard accepted method for sugar content analysis. Samples are measured after a simple user calibration with deionized or distilled water. Within seconds, the instrument measures the refractive index of the grape must. These digital refractometers eliminate the uncertainty associated with mechanical refractometers and are ideal for fast, reliable measurements in the field.
HI 96811 converts the refractive index of the sample to sucrose concentration in units of percent by weight, %Brix (also referred to as °Brix). The conversion used is based on the ICUMSA Methods Book (International Commission for Uniform Methods of Sugar Analysis). Since the majority of sugar in grape juice is fructose and glucose and not sucrose, the reading is sometimes referred to as “Apparent Brix”.
- The dual-level LCD displays measurement and temp readings simultaneously
- Automatic Temperature Compensation for accurate measurements
- Easy measurement; place a few drops of the sample in the well and press the READ key
- Battery Error Prevention System alerts the user in the event that low battery power.
- IP65 water protection; built to perform under harsh laboratory and field conditions.
- Quick, accurate results, readings are displayed in approximately 1.5 seconds.
- Single point calibration with distilled or deionized water
- Small sample size, can be as small as 2 metric drops.
- Automatic shut-off after three minutes of non-use
- Stainless steel sample well, easy to clean and corrosion resistant
- ABS thermoplastic casing
For Products Specs and Manual please click here